A Surface Errors Locator System for Ancient Culture Preservation
We present a novel system to find the surface errors for preservation and reappearance of cultural relic image better. Our approach firstly transforms images to HSL color space in accord with human vision and deal with the lightness of color conveniently. Next we use color cluster method to increase the locator accuracy. Finally we apply features analysis to find the error automatically. This procedure is consist of two phases: the Lightness of error detecting and the Adaptive detection filtering. Our technique can be applied to many areas, especially our ancient culture preservation, such as the renaissance of the costly fresco of Dunhuang, which is urgently desiderated protection. Experiments show the effects of our technique and its application foreground is attractive.
KeywordsTexture Image Error Region Image Inpainting Color Distance Image Completion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abdi, H.: , Distance. In: Salkind, N.J. (ed.) Encyclopedia of Measurement and Statistics, Sage, Thousand Oaks (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Barab, S.A., Hay, K., Barnett, M.G.: Virtual solar system project: Building understanding through model building. In: Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Montreal, Canada, April 1999. AERA. 2, 8 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Buehler, C., Bosse, M., Mcmillan, L., Gortler, S.J., Cohen, M.F.: Unstructured Lumigraph Rendering. In: SIGGRAPH 2001, Computer Graphics Proc. 2001, Annual Conference Series, vol. 1, 2, pp. 425–432 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Chang, R.-C., Sie, Y.-L., Chou, S.-M., Shih, T.K.: Photo defect detection for image inpainting. In: The IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM 2005), December 12-14, 2005, pp. 403–407 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Debevec, P., Taylor, C., Malik, J.: Modeling and rendering architecture from photographs: A hybrid geometry and image-based approach. In: Proc. SIGGRAPH 1996, August 1996, vol. 1, 2, 3, 4, pp. 11–20 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Foley, J.D., van Dam, A., Feiner, S.K., Hughes, J.F.: Fundamentals of interactive computer graphics, 2nd edn. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Gortler, S.J., Grzeszczuk, R., Szeliski, R., Cohen, M.F.: The lumigraph. In: SIGGRAPH 1996 Conference Proc., Annual Conference Series, August 1996, vol. 1, 2, pp. 43–54 (1996)Google Scholar
- 11.Wong, S.-S., Leow, W.K.: Color segmentation and figure-ground segregation of natural images. In: Proceedings on International Conference on Image Processing, ICIP 2002, pp. 120–123 (2002)Google Scholar