An Implementation of a Case-Based Learning System
Learning programming is an important part of learning and teaching of computer science. Case-based learning is becoming more and more welcomed by students when learning programming. Since there is no easy-to-use dynamic case generating system, to generate dynamic cases costs a lot of work, and is difficult to be reused. We have developed and implemented a generalized interactive case-based learning system with multimedia support, which is easy to generate and play cases. The cases generated can be played on-line interactively, or taken home to study off-line after learners download the packages. These packages can be transferred to standard eLearning objects and organized to standard content packages with our learning content management system, which greatly enhances the reusability of the learning resources.
KeywordsDynamic Case Resource File Learn Object Metadata Content Package Data Tier
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.CELTSC and CELTS, http://www.celtsc.edu.cn/
- 4.China E-Learning Technology Standards Committee: Specification for Learning Object Metadata: Information Model, CELTS-3.1, CD2.0 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.IMS Global Learning Consortium, Inc., IMS Learning Resource Meta-data Specification V1.2.1, http://www.imsproject.org/metadata/index.html
- 6.China E-Learning Technology Standards Committee: Specification for Packaging: Information Model, CELTS-9.1, CD2.0 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Simpson, R.M., Spalter, A.M., van Dam, A.: Exploratories: An educational strategy for the 21st century. Brown University online ID number: schoolhouse_1449 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Birbilis, G., Koutlis, M., Kyrimis, K., Tsironis, G., Vasiliou, G.: E-slate: a software architectural style for end-user programming. In: Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2000), pp. 684–687. ACM Press, New York (2000), http://e-slate.cti.gr CrossRefGoogle Scholar