IMM Method Using Tracking Filter with Fuzzy Gain
In this paper, we propose an interacting multiple model (IMM) method using intelligent tracking filter with fuzzy gain to reduce tracking error for maneuvering target. In the proposed filter, the unknown acceleration input for each sub-model is determined by mismatches between the modelled target dynamics and the actual target dynamics. After an acceleration input is detected, the state estimate for each sub-model is modified. To modify the accurate estimation, we propose the fuzzy gain based on the relation between the filter residual and its variation. To optimize each fuzzy system, we utilize the genetic algorithm (GA). Finally, the tracking performance of the proposed method is compared with those of the input estimation(IE) method and AIMM method through computer simulations.
KeywordsFuzzy System Fuzzy Rule Kalman Gain Acceleration Level Acceleration Input
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Alouani, A.T., Price, P., Blair, W.D.: A two-stage Kalman estimator for state estimation in the presence of random bias for tracking maneuvering targets. In: Proc. Of 30th IEEE Conf. Decision and Control, pp. 2002–2059 (1991)Google Scholar
- 10.Li, T.H.S.: Estimation of one-dimensional radar tracking via fuzzy-Kalman filter. In: Proceedings of the IECON 1993 International Conference, pp. 2384–2388 (1993)Google Scholar
- 11.Joo, Y.H., Hwang, Kim, K.B., Woo, K.B.: Fuzzy system modeling by fuzzy partition and GA hybrid schemes. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 86, 279–288 (1997)Google Scholar
- 12.Wang, L.X.: A course in fuzzy systems and control. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1998)Google Scholar
- 16.Lee, B.J., Park, J.B., Joo, H.Y., Jin, S.H.: An Intelligent Tracking Method for Maneuvering Target. International Journal of Contr. Automation and Systems 1, 93–100 (2003)Google Scholar