A Fuzzy Set Approach for Evaluating the Achievability of an Output Time Forecast in a Wafer Fabrication Plant
Lot output time prediction is a critical task to a wafer fab (fabrication plant). Traditional studies are focused on prediction accuracy and efficiency. Another performance measure that is as important but has been ignored in traditional studies is the achievability of an output time forecast, which is defined as the possibility that the fabrication on a wafer lot can be finished in time before the output time forecast. Theoretically, if a probability distribution can be obtained for the output time forecast, then the achievability can be evaluated with the cumulative probability of the probability distribution before the given date. However, there are many managerial actions that are more influential to the achievability. For this reason, a fuzzy set approach is proposed for evaluating the achievability of the output time forecast. The fuzzy set approach is composed of two parts: a fuzzy back propagation network (FBPN) and a set of fuzzy inference rules (FIRs). An example is used to demonstrate the applicability of the proposed methodology.
KeywordsRoot Mean Square Error Output Time Wafer Fabrication Very High Fuzzy Inference Rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Chen, T.: A Fuzzy Back Propagation Network for Output Time Prediction in a Wafer Fab. Journal of Applied Soft Computing 2/3F, 211–222 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Chen, T.: A Look-ahead Back Propagation Network to Predict Wafer Lot Output Time. WSEAS Transactions on Computers 5(5), 910–915 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, T., Tsai, H.R., Wu, H.C.: Wafer Lot Output Time Prediction with a Hybrid Artificial Neural Network. WSEAS Transactions on Computers 5(5), 817–823 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Hung, Y.-F., Chang, C.-B.: Dispatching Rules Using Flow Time Predictions for Semiconductor Wafer Fabrications. In: Proceedings of the 5th Annual International Conference on Industrial Engineering Theory, Applications and Practice, Taiwan (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Lin, C.-Y.: Shop Floor Scheduling of Semiconductor Wafer Fabrication Using Real-time Feedback Control and Prediction. Ph.D. Dissertation, Engineering-Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, University of California at Berkeley (1996)Google Scholar