Wavelet Analysis Based Blind Watermarking for 3-D Surface Meshes
As most previous wavelet analysis based 3-D mesh watermarking methods embed the watermark information into wavelet coefficients arranged in a certain order, they have not been used as blind schemes since the connectivity information must be exactly known in the watermark extraction process. In this paper, we propose a blind watermarking method based on wavelet analysis for 3-D mesh model. Two new techniques are introduced. One is to exploit the statistical features of scale coefficients on an approximation (low resolution) level for watermark embedding. Another is to extract the hidden watermark, not from the same resolution level as used in embedding process, but directly from the spatial domain. As the proposed watermark detection does not require the wavelet analysis, any pre-processing such as registration and re-sampling, is not needed. These techniques allow to detect the watermark without referring to the original meshes. In addition, the proposed are applicable directly to irregular meshes by using irregular wavelet analysis. Through simulations, we prove that our method is fairly robust against various attacks including topological ones.
KeywordsWatermarking blind detection wavelet transform scaling coefficients topological attacks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cox, I., Miller, M.L., Bloom, J.A.: Digital watermarking. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., San Francisco (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhi-qiang, Y., Ip, H.H.S., Kwok, L.F.: Robust watermarking of 3d polygonal models based on vertice scrambling. In: Computer Graphics International, pp. 254–257. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Kejariwal, A.: Watermarking. IEEE Potentials, 37–40 (October/November 2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Craver, S., Memon, N.D., Yeo, B.L., Yeung, M.M.: Can invisible watermarks resolve rightful ownerships? In: Storage and Retrieval for Image and Video Databases (SPIE), pp. 310–321 (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Praun, E., Hoppe, H., Finkelstein, A.: Robust mesh watermarking. In: Proceedings of the 26th annual conference on Computer graphics and interactive techniques, pp. 49–56 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Kanai, S., Date, D., Kishinami, T.: Digital watermarking for 3d polygon using multiresolution wavelet decomposition. In: Proc. Sixth IFIP WG 5.2 GEO-6, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 296–307 (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Ohbuchi, R., Takahashi, S., Miyazawa, T., Mukaiyama, A.: Watermarking 3d polygonal meshes in the mesh spectral domain. In: GRIN 2001: No description on Graphics interface 2001, Toronto, Ont., Canada, pp. 9–17. Canadian Information Processing Society (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Cotting, D., Weyrich, T., Pauly, M., Gross, M.: Robust watermarking of point-sampled geometry. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Shape Modeling and Applications 2004 (SMI 2004), pp. 233–242 (2004)Google Scholar
- 14.Ohbuchi, R., Mukaiyama, A., Takahashi, S.: Watermarking a 3d shape defined as a point set. In: Proceedings of 2004 International Conference on Cyberworlds, pp. 392–399 (2004)Google Scholar
- 15.Cho, J.W., Prost, R., Jung, H.Y.: An oblivious watermarking for 3-d polygonal meshes using distribution of vertex norms. IEEE Trans. Signal Processing (to appear) final manuscript is available at: http://yu.ac.kr/~hoyoul/IEEE_sp_final.pdf
- 16.Lounsbery, M.: Multiresolution Analysis for Surfaces of Arbitrary Topological Type. Ph.D thesis, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, U. of Washington (1994)Google Scholar