Image Fingerprinting Scheme for Print-and-Capture Model
This paper addresses an image fingerprinting scheme for the print-to-capture model performed by a photo printer and digital camera. When capturing an image by a digital camera, various kinds of distortions such as noise, geometrical distortions, and lens distortions are applied slightly and simultaneously. In this paper, we consider several steps to extract fingerprints from the distorted image in print-and capture scenario. To embed ID into an image as a fingerprint, multi-bits embedding is applied. We embed 64 bits ID information as a fingerprint into spatial domain of color images. In order to restore a captured image from distortions a noise reduction filter is performed and a rectilinear tiling pattern is used as a template. To make the template a multi-bits fingerprint is embedded repeatedly like a tiling pattern into the spatial domain of the image. We show that the extracting is successful from the image captured by a digital camera through the experiment.
KeywordsGeometrical Distortion Wiener Filter Lens Distortion Collusion Attack Photo Printer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wu, M., Trappe, W., Wang, Z.J., Liu, K.J.R.: Collusion-Resistant Fingerprinting for Multimedia. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 15–27 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Dittmann, J.: Combining digital watermarks and collusion secure fingerprints for customer copy monitoring. In: Proc. IEE Seminar Sec. Image & Image Authentication, March 2000, pp. 128–132 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Kutter, M.: Watermarking resisting to translation, rotation, and scaling. In: Proc. Multimedia systems and applications, SPIE, vol. 3528, pp. 423–431 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Yu, L., Niu, X., Sun, S.: Print-and-scan model and watermarking countermeasure. Image and Vision Computing, 1–8 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Wang, Z.J., Wu, M., Zhao, H., Trappe, W., Liu, K.J.R.: Resistance of Orthogonal Gaussian Fingerprint to Collusion Attacks. In: Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2003), Hong Kong, April 2003, pp. 724–727 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Kirovski, D., Malvar, H.S., Yacobi, Y.: Multimedia Content Screening using a Dual Watermarking and Fingerprinting System. ACM Multimedia (2002)Google Scholar