A System for Generating Personalized Virtual News
To improve the degree of immersion for strategic situation representation in strategic war gaming, the concept of virtual news and automatic generation model are presented in this paper. Via analyzing characteristic of news video, the design and generation algorithm for virtual news narrative template are given, which borrow the idea of Natural Language Process and combine the specialties of news video. And the narrative template revise algorithm is also proposed based on time constraints. Virtual News is automatically generated driven by virtual news narrative template, which retrieving relative news segments in multimedia database and selecting appropriate representation method based on the model- EEDU (Extended Entity-Description-Utility). This approach can generate virtual news according to text description about strategic situation provided by users, and furthermore provide personalized service for decision-makers. Finally, experiment results are used to indicate the validity of our system.
KeywordsAutomatic Generation News Report Description Schema News Video Subject Sentence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Randall, D.: The Universal Journalist [M], 2nd edn. Photo Press, London (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Xian-hai, Z., Ling-da, W., Yu-xiang, X.: Research of automatic generation and representation for personalized video story based on classification (in Chinese). In: Application Research of Computers, vol. 7, pp. 18–20 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Adams, B., Venkatesh, S.: Taming the roving camera: A framework for creating professional home movies through narrative and kinesthetic elements[R]. In: International conference on Multimedia Modeling 2004, Poster, Brisbane, QLD, Australia (January 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Yan-yong, X., Xian-zhong, Z., Xiang-he, J., et al.: Chinese Sentence Parsing Based on Maximum Entropy Model (in Chinese). Acta Electronica Sinica 31(11), 1608–1612 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Yuxiang, X.: Research on News Video Mining Technology Supporting Intelligence Analysis [D]. Ph D, National University of Defense Technology (2004) Google Scholar
- 8.Kulesh, V.O., Petrushin, V.A., Sethi, I.K.: PERSEUS: Personalized Multimedia News Portal. In: IASTED International Conference on Artificial Intelligence Applications (AIA 2001), Marbella, Spain, 4-7 September (2001)Google Scholar