Route Enhancement Scheme Using HMIP in Heterogeneous Wireless Data Networks
With building heterogeneous wireless data networks becoming more popular – IEEE 802.11, 802.15, 802.16 and 3G – how to realize seamless mobility is fast becoming a serious issue. Therefore several proposals related to the media independent handoff are suggested in standard bodies including 3GPP, IETF and IEEE 802.21. In this paper, we will present ways to address inefficiency in the routing problem found after adopting the IP-based integrated architecture especially in both MS and CoN moving environment. Also we will propose a scheme of route enhancement and better data transfer rate by using HMIP(Hierarchical Mobile IP) in heterogeneous wireless data networks.
KeywordsWireless Local Area Network Home Address Coverage Range Destination Address Mobile Anchor Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.3GPP TS 23.234 v6.0.0 : 3GPP system to Wireless Local Area Network(WLAN) interworking (March 2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Soliman, H., El-Malki, K.: Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 mobility management(HMIPv6). draft-ietf-mobileip-hmipv6-08.txtGoogle Scholar
- 3.Carlton, A., Rudolf, M., Zuniga, J.-C., Olvera, U.: Media Independent Handover Functions and Services Specification-Initial Proposal for 802.21. IEEE 802.21 MIH (March 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Pack, S., Choi, Y.: A Study on Performance of Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 in IP-Based Cellular Networks. IEICE Trans. Commun. E87-B(3) (March 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Soliman, H.: Mobile IPv6-Mobility in a Wireless Internet. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2004)Google Scholar