The Soft QoS-Aware Call Admission Control Scheme for HCCA in IEEE 802.11e
A soft QoS-aware call admission control scheme to support the QoS requirements of multimedia traffic in IEEE 802.11e HCCA (HCF Controlled Channel Access) is proposed. HCCA can be used to provide the IP quality of service guaranteed in an IEEE 802.11e infrastructure like WLAN. A resource allocation scheme based on the soft QoS scheme will be investigated. In order to evaluate its performance, the proposed scheme, under a transient fluid flow model, will be compared with a traditional scheme in terms of Frame Loss Rate.
KeywordsMedium Access Control Admission Control Traffic Class Video Traffic Admission Control Scheme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gao, D., Cai, J.: Admission Control in IEEE 802.11e Wireless LANs. IEEE Networks (July 2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Grilo, A.: A Scheduling Algorithm for QoS Support in IEEE 802.11e Networks. IEEE Wireless Communications (June 2003)Google Scholar
- 3.IEEE 802.11e/D11.0, Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications: Medium Access Control (MAC) Quality of Service (QoS) Enhancements (October 2004) Google Scholar
- 4.Fan, W.F.: Admission Control for Variable Bit Rate Traffic in IEEE 802.11e WLANs. In: 10th Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications and 5th International Symposium on Multi-Dimensional Mobile Communications, IEEE, Los Alamitos (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Reininger, D.: Soft QoS Control in the WATMnet Broadband Wireless System. IEEE Personal Communications (February 1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Neapolitan, R.: Foundations of Algorithms: Using C++ pseudo-code, 2nd edn. Jones and Bartlett (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Jang, Y.M.: Estimation and Prediction-Based Connection Admission Control in Broadband Satellite Systems. ETRI Journal (December 2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Jang, Y.M.: Soft QoS-based Vertical Handover Between cdma2000 and WLAN Using Transient Fluid Flow Model. In: Kim, C. (ed.) ICOIN 2005. LNCS, vol. 3391, pp. 707–716. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar