Extracting Ontological Relations of Korean Numeral Classifiers from Semi-structured Resources Using NLP Techniques
Many studies have focused on the facts that numeral classifiers give decisive clues to the semantic categorizing of nouns. However, few studies have analyzed the ontological relationships of classifiers or the construction of classifier ontology. In this paper, a semi-automatic method of extracting and representing the various ontological relations of Korean numeral classifiers is proposed. Shallow parsing and word-sense disambiguation were used to extract semantic relations from natural language texts and from wordnets.
KeywordsNoun Phrase Semantic Relation Ontological Relation Classifier Ontology Numeral Classifier
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Alani, H., Kim, S., Millard, D.E., Weal, M.J., Hall, W., Lewis, P.H., Shadbolt, N.R.: Automatic Ontology-Based Knowledge Extraction from Web Documents. IEEE Intelligent Systems, 14–21 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Bond, F., Paik, K.: Classifying Correspondence in Japanese and Korean. In: 3rd Pacific Association for Computational Linguistics Conference: PACLING 1997, pp. 58–67 (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Bond, F., Paik, K.: Reusing an Ontology to Generate Numeral Classifiers. In: Proceedings of the 18th Conference on Computational Linguistics, pp. 90–96 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Hwang, S.H., Jung. Y.I., Yoon, A.S., Kwon, H.C.: Building Korean Classifier Ontology Based on Korean WordNet. TSD-LANI (2006) (accepted, to be published) Google Scholar
- 9.Lyons, J.: Semantics I. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1979)Google Scholar
- 10.Nam, J.S.: A Study of Korean Numeral Classifiers for the Automatic French-Korean Translation of the Expression with Quantifiers. Review of French Studies (54), 1–28 (2006)Google Scholar