An HL7-Aware Multi-agent System for Efficiently Handling Query Answering in an e-Health Context
In this paper we present a multi-agent system aiming at supporting patients to search health care services of their interest in an e-health scenario. The proposed system is HL7-aware in that it represents both patient and service information according to the directives of HL7, the information management standard adopted in medical context. In this paper we illustrate the technical characteristics of our system and we present a comparison between it and other related systems already proposed in the literature.
KeywordsQuery Answer Coordinator Agent Clinical Document Architecture Health Care Service Provider Brute Force Search
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Health Level Seven (HL7), http://www.hl7.org
- 2.Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC), http://www.regenstrief.org/loinc/
- 3.Systematized NOmenclature of MEDicine Clinical Terms (SNOMED CT), http://www.snomed.org
- 4.Braun, L., Wiesman, F., van den Herik, J., Hasman, A.: Agent support in medical information retrieval. In: Proc. of the IJCAI International Workshop on Agents Applied in Health Care, Edinburgh, UK, pp. 16–25 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.European Commission. e-Health - making healthcare better for European citizens: An action plan for a European e-Health Area. Technical report (2004), Available at: http://europa.eu.int/information_society/doc/qualif/health/
- 7.European Commission. Reliable health information at the click of a mouse European Commission launches new Health Portal. Technical report (2006), available at http://ec.europa.eu/health-eu/index_en.htm
- 11.Liu, Z., Chu, W.W.: Knowledge-based query expansion to support scenario-specific retrieval of medical free text. In: Proc. of the ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2005), pp. 1076–1083. ACM Press, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.McKeown, K.R., Elhadad, N., Hatzivassiloglou, V.: Leveraging a common representation for personalized search and summarization in a medical digital library. In: Proc. of the ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL 2003), Houston, Texas, U.S.A., pp. 159–170. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2003)Google Scholar