Developing Software with Scrum in a Small Cross-Organizational Project
In an action research study, we describe the application of the scrum software development process in a small cross-organizational development project. The stakeholders in the project report many of the benefits we have found in previous studies, such as increased overview of the project, flexibility and motivation. In addition, we have found that estimation can be challenging in cross-organizational projects due to the customer-provider relationship between the participating organizations.
KeywordsSoftware Development Customer Satisfaction Software Development Process Software Process Improvement Agile Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Kelly, K.: Out of Control. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Kock, N.: The three threats of action research: a discussion of methodological antidotes in the context of an information systems study. Decision Support Systems 37(2), 265–286 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Mann, C., Maurer, F.: A case study on the Impact of Scrum on Overtime and Customer Satisfaction. In: Proceedings of Agile 2005. IEEE Press, Denver (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Nonaka, I., Takeuchi, H.: The Knowledge-Creating Company. Oxford University Press, Oxford (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Rising, L., Janoff, N.S.: The Scrum software development process for small teams. IEEE Software 17(4), 26 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Schatz, B., Abdelshafi, I.: Primavera gets agile: A successfull transition to agile development. IEEE Software, 36–42 (May/June 2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Schwaber, K.: Agile Project Management with Scrum. Microsoft Press, Redmond (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Schwaber, K., Beedle, M.: Agile Software Development with Scrum. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Senge, P.M.: The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practise of The Learning Organisation: Century Business (1990) ISBN 0-7126-56871Google Scholar
- 13.Strauss, A., Corbin, J.: Basics of Qualitative Research, 2nd edn. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks (1998)Google Scholar
- 15.Takeuchi, H., Nonaka, I.: The new product development game. Harvard Business Review, 137–146 (January 1986)Google Scholar