Developing Intelligent Applications in Social E-Mail Networks
Both complex network and Web Intelligence (WI) are novel and promising research fields. This paper primarily discusses how to develop intelligent applications in social e-mail networks (SENs) with WI-related techniques. It gives a common architecture and discusses some important issues such as creating SENs automatically and SEN analysis for developing such applications. Also, this paper describes a full process of implementing an application via studying an illustrative example.
KeywordsIntelligent Application Single Relationship Common Architecture Multiple Enterprise Direct Friend
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Culotta, A., Bekkerman, R., McCallum, A.: Extracting Social Networks and Contact Information from Email and the Web. In: Proceedings of the First Conference on Email and Anti-Spam (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, C.N., Chao, D.H.: Prolog: Its Applications and Implementation. Science Press, Beijing (1990)Google Scholar
- 3.Ebel, H., Mielsch, L.I., Bornholdt, S.: Scale-free Topology of E-mail Networks. Phys. Rev. E. 66, 035103(R) (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Golbeck, J., Hendler, J.: Reputation Network Analysis for Email Filtering. In: Proceedings of the First Conference on Email and Anti-Spam (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Tyler, J.R., Wilkinson, D.M., Huberman, B.A.: Email as Spectroscopy: Automated Discovery of Community Structure within Organizations. Communities and Technologies, 81–96 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Newman, M.E.J., Forrest, S., Balthrop, J.: Email Networks and the Spread of Computer Viruses. Phys. Rev. E 66 (035101) (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhong, N., Liu, J.M., Yao, Y.Y.: Envisioning Intelligent Information Technologies (iIT) from the Stand-Point of Web Intelligence (WI). Communications of the ACM (2006) (in press)Google Scholar