Rule Quality Measures in Creation and Reduction of Data Rule Models
Properties of several rule quality measures are characterized in the paper. Possibilities of their application in algorithms of rules induction and reduction are presented. Influence of replacing rules accuracy with the Bayesian confirmation measure has been tested.
KeywordsQuality Measure Rule Induction Decision Class Conditional Attribute Rule Ranking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.An, A., Cercone, N.: Rule quality measures for rule induction systems: Description and evaluation. Computational Intelligence 17(3) (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Bayardo, R.J., Agrawal, R.: Mining the most interesting rules. In: Proc. of the Fifth ACM-SIGKDD Int’l Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 145–154 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Bruha, I.: Quality of Decision Rules: Definitions and Classification Schemes for Multiple Rules. In: Nakhaeizadeh, G., Taylor, C.C. (eds.) Machine Learning and Statistics, The Interface. John Wiley and Sons, Chichester (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Brzezińska, I., Słowiński, R.: Monotonicity of Bayesian confirmation measure in rule support and confidence. In: Proc. of the AI-METH, Gliwice, November 16-18 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Grzymała-Busse, J.: LERS – a system for learning from examples based on rough sets. In: Słowiński, R. (ed.) Intelligent Decision Support, pp. 3–18. Kluwer, Dordrecht (1992)Google Scholar
- 9.Kaufman, K.A., Michalski, R.S.: Learning in Inconsistent World, Rule Selection in STAR/AQ18, Machine Learning and Inference Laboratory Report P99-2 (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Nguyen, H.S., Nguyen, S.H.: Some Efficient Algorithms for Rough Set Methods. In: Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference, Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems, Granada, Spain, vol. 2, pp. 1451–1456 (1996)Google Scholar
- 13.Sikora, M.: An algorithm for generalization of decision rules by joining. Foundation on Computing and Decision Sciences 30(3) (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Sikora, M.: Approximate decision rules induction algorithm using rough sets and rule-related quality measures. Archives of Theoretical and Applied Informatics (4) (2004)Google Scholar
- 15.Sikora, M.: Filtering of decision rules sets using rules quality measures. Studia Informatica, Gliwice 46(4) (2001)Google Scholar
- 16.Sikora, M., Proksa, P.: Induction of decision and association rules for knowledge discovery in industrial databases. In: DM-IEEE, Workshop – Alternative Techniques of Data Mining, Brighton, November 01-04 (2004)Google Scholar
- 18.Stefanowski, J.: Rules induction algorithms in knowledge discovery. Habilitation thesis. Poznan University of Technology, Dissertations No. 361 (2001)Google Scholar