Methodological Identification of Information Granules-Based Fuzzy Systems by Means of Genetic Optimization
In this study, we introduce an information granules-based fuzzy systems and a methodological identification by means of genetic optimization to carry out the model identification of complex and nonlinear systems. Information granulation realized with Hard C-Means clustering help determine the initial parameters of fuzzy model such as the initial apexes of the membership functions in the premise part and the initial values of polynomial functions in the consequence part of the fuzzy rules. And the initial parameters are tuned effectively with the aid of the genetic algorithms and the least square method. The design methodology emerges as a hybrid structural optimization and parametric optimization. Especially, genetic algorithms (GAs) and HCM clustering are used to generate the structurally as well as parametrically optimized fuzzy model. To identify the structure and parameters of fuzzy model we exploit the methodologies of a respective and consecutive identification by means of genetic algorithms. The proposed model is contrasted with the performance of the conventional fuzzy models in the literature.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Membership Function Fuzzy Rule Fuzzy Model Consequence Part
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Sugeno, M., Yasukawa, T.: Linguistic modeling based on numerical data. In: IFSA 1991 Brussels, Computer, Management & System Science, pp. 264–267 (1991)Google Scholar
- 8.Ismail, M.A.: Soft Clustering Algorithm and Validity of Solutions. In: Gupta, M.M. (ed.) Fuzzy Computing Theory, Hardware and Application, pp. 445–471. North-Holland, Amsterdam (1988)Google Scholar
- 12.Krishnaiah, P.R., Kanal, L.N. (eds.): Classification, pattern recognition, and reduction of dimensionality. Handbook of Statistics, vol. 2. North-Holland, Amsterdam (1982)Google Scholar
- 13.Golderg, D.E.: Genetic Algorithm in search, Optimization & Machine Learning. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1989)Google Scholar
- 16.Park, C.S., Oh, S.K., Pedrycz, W.: Fuzzy Identification by means of Auto-Tuning Algorithm and Weighting Factor. In: The Third Asian Fuzzy Systems Symposium (AFSS), pp. 701–706 (1998)Google Scholar
- 18.Park, H.S., Oh, S.K.: Fuzzy Relation-based Fuzzy Neural-Networks Using a Hybrid Identification Algorithm. IJCAS 1(3), 289–300 (2003)Google Scholar