Using Qualitative Description for the Dynamic Analysis of Virus Inflection
A method based on qualitative description is introduced to analyze the dynamic system of viral infection, and to predict the qualitative behaviors of the system by describing qualitative states and the transition between the states. The algorithm of building qualitative states is presented and then the qualitative states graph can be created from the dynamic model of viral infection. The reasoning algorithm is given to accomplish the transitions between the qualitative states. The qualitative trends of the state variables and their relative positions of the viral infection model are obtained, and then the corresponding transition graph of these qualitative states is gained. The qualitative simulation of the system is also given without precise formulation of the model.
KeywordsQualitative Behavior Qualitative Description Transition Rule Transition Graph Transition Path
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pereson, A.S.: Modelling Viral and Immune System Dynamics. Nature Reviews 2, 228–236 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.ChenXi, S., Hailin, F., Yue, W., Jinfeng, F.: Qualitative prediction in Virus entry based on feedback. In: Proceeding of Asia Simulation Conference, vol. 2, pp. 1343–1347 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Volterra, V.: Variations and fluctuations in the numbers of coexisting animal species, vol. 22, pp. 1923–1940. Springer, Berlin (1978)Google Scholar
- 10.Kuipers, B.: Qualitative Reasoning. MIT Press, Cambridge (1994)Google Scholar
- 14.Kuipers, B.: Qualitative Simulation. Encyclopedia of Physical Science and technology, 3rd edn., pp. 287–300. Academic Press, London (2001)Google Scholar