Representative Selection for Cooperative Co-evolutionary Genetic Algorithms
The performance of cooperative co-evolutionary genetic algorithms is highly affected by the representative selection strategy. But rational method is absent now. Oriented to the shortage, the representative selection strategy is studied based on the parallel implementation of cooperative co-evolutionary genetic algorithms in LAN. Firstly, the active cooperation ideology for representative selection and the dynamical determinate method on cooperation pool size are put forward. The methods for determining cooperation pool size, selecting cooperators and permuting cooperations are presented based on the evolutionary ability of sub-population and distributive performance of the individuals. Thirdly, the implementation steps are given. Lastly, the results of benchmark functions optimization show the validation of the method.
KeywordsParallel Implementation Evolutionary Competence Representative Selection Cooperative Coevolution Evolutionary Ability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Potter, M.A.: The Design and Analysis of a Copmutational Model of Cooperative Coevolution. Doctorate Degree Dissertation of George Mason University, Fairfax (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Mitchell, A., Potter, K.A., De Jong, A.: Coorperative Coevolutionary Approach to Function Optimization. In: Proceedings of The Third Conference of Parallel Problem Solving From Performance, pp. 249–257 (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Keerativuttitumrong, N., Chaiyaratana, N., Varavithya, V.: Multi-Objective Cooperative Coevolutionary Genetic Algorithm. Genetic Algorithms in Engineering Systems: Innovations and Applications, 69–74 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Westra, R., Paredis, J.: Coevolutionary Computation for Path Planning. In: 5th European Conference on Intelligent Techniques and Soft Computing (EUFIT), Aachen, Germany, pp. 394–399 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Pedrajas, N.G., Hervas-Martinez, C., Munoz-perez, J.: Multi-objective Cooperative Coevolution of Artificial Neural Networks. Neural Networks, 1259–1278 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Chern, H.Y., Miikkulainen, R.: Cooperative Coevolution of Multi-Agent Systems. Technical Report AI01–287 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Wiegand, R.P., Liles, W.C., De Jong, K.A.: An Empirical Analysis of Collaboration Methods In Cooperative Coevolutionary Algorithms. In: Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference, pp. 1235–1245. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Wiegand, R.P.: An Analysis of Cooperative Coevolutionary Algorithms. Doctor Degree Dissertation of Computer Science of George Mason University (2003)Google Scholar