A New Function for Optimization of Working Paths in Survivable MPLS Networks
We consider the problem of working paths optimization in survivable MPLS network. Both restoration methods: global and local repair are addressed. We focus on an existing facility network, in which only network flows can be optimized to provide network survivability. The lost flow due to a single failure of a network link is applied as the performance metric. Since joint optimization of working and recovery paths is very complex, we suggest to partition the problem into two simpler subproblems and first optimize working routes. We introduce a new objective function for optimization of working routes and propose a heuristic algorithm to solve the considered problem. Next, simulation performance of various methods for working paths assignment is examined.
KeywordsNetwork Link Network Survivability Backup Path Demand Pattern Restoration Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bagula, B., Botha, M., Krzesinski, A.: Online Traffic Engineering: The Least Interference Optimization Algorithm. In: Proceedings of IEEE ICC 2004, Paris, France (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Crawley, E., Nair, R., Jajagopalan, B., Sandick, H.: A framework for QoS-based routing in the Internet. RFC2386 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Fratta, L., Gerla, M., Kleinrock, L.: The Flow Deviation Method: An Approach to Store-and-Forward Communication Network Design. Networks, 97–133 (1973)Google Scholar
- 6.Grover, W.: Mesh-based Survivable Networks: Options and Strategies for Optical, MPLS, SONET and ATM Networking. Prentice Hall PTR, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Kar, K., Kodialam, M., Lakshman, T.: Minimum interference routing of bandwidth guaranteed tunnels with MPLS traffic engineering applications. IEEE JSAC 12, 2566–2579 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Markowski, M., Kasprzak, A.: The web replica allocation and topology assignment problem in wide area networks: algorithms and computational results. In: Gervasi, O., Gavrilova, M.L., Kumar, V., Laganá, A., Lee, H.P., Mun, Y., Taniar, D., Tan, C.J.K. (eds.) ICCSA 2005. LNCS, vol. 3483, pp. 772–781. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Ryba, P., Kasprzak, A.: The gateways location and topology assignment problem in hierarchical wide area networks: algorithms and computational results. In: Gavrilova, M.L., Gervasi, O., Kumar, V., Tan, C.J.K., Taniar, D., Laganá, A., Mun, Y., Choo, H. (eds.) ICCSA 2006. LNCS, vol. 3982, pp. 1100–1109. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Sharma, V., Hellstrand, F. (ed.): Framework for MPLS-based Recovery. RFC 3469 (2003) Google Scholar
- 15.Walkowiak, K.: An Heuristic Algorithm for Non-bifurcated Congestion Problem. In: Proceedings of 17th IMACS World Congress, Paris, France (2005)Google Scholar