Comparison of Different Neural Networks Performances on Motorboat Datasets
Calculation of the required engine power and displacement takes an important place in the initial design of motorboats. Recently, several calculation methods with fewer parameters and with a possible gain of time compared to classical methods have been proposed. This study introduces a novel calculation method based on neural networks. The method requires less data input and hence is more easily applicable than classical methods. In this study several different neural network methods have been conducted on data sets which have principal parameters of motorboats and the respective performances have been presented. From the results obtained, displacement and engine power prediction for motor boats can be used at a suitable level for ship building industry.
KeywordsHide Layer Radial Basis Function Engine Power Radial Basis Function Neural Network Radial Basis Function Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Alkan, A.D., Gulez, K., Yilmaz, H.: Design of a robust neural network structure for determining initial stability particulars of fishing vessels. Ocean Engineering (31), 761–777 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Xiao, J., Wong, X., Boa, M.: The modeling and simulation of ship main engine based on Neural Network, Shanghai Maritime Universty. In: Proceedings of the 4th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Kapanoglu, B., Çelebi, U.B., Ekinci, S., Yıldırım, T.: Determination Of Approximate Main Engine Power For Chemical Cargo Ships Using Radial Basis Function Neural Network, Turksh Naval Academy. Journal of Naval Science and Engineering 2(2), 115–115 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Baykal, R., Dikili, A.C.: Ship Resistance and Engine Power, I.T.U, Istanbul (in Turkish) (2002), ISBN 975-561-196-7Google Scholar
- 6.Popescu, I., Kanatas, A., Constantinou, P., Nafornita, I.: Applications of General Regression Neural Networks for Path Loss Prediction. In: Proc. of International Workshop Trends and Recent Achievements in Information Technology, Cluj Napoca (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Corsini, G., Diani, M., Grasso, R., De Martino, M., Mantero, P., Serpico, S.B.: Radial Basis Function and Multilayer Perceptron Neural Networks for Sea Water Optically Active Parameter Estimation in Case 2 Waters: A Comparison. International Journal Remote Sensing 24(20) (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen Y., Wilamowski B.M. :TREAT: A Trust-Region-based Error-Aggregated Training Algorithm for Neural Network. In: Proc. IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks-IJCNN 2002, Honolulu Hawaii (2002)Google Scholar