Design Methodology of Optimized IG_gHSOFPNN and Its Application to pH Neutralization Process
In this paper, we propose design methodology of optimized Information granulation based genetically optimized Hybrid Self-Organizing Fuzzy Polynomial Neural Networks (IG_gHSOFPNN) by evolutionary optimization. The augmented IG_gHSOFPNN results in a structurally optimized structure and comes with a higher level of flexibility in comparison to the one we encounter in the conventional HSOFPNN. The GA-based design procedure being applied at each layer of IG_gHSOFPNN leads to the selection of preferred nodes (FPNs or PNs) available within the HSOFPNN. The obtained results demonstrate superiority of the proposed networks over the existing fuzzy and neural models.
KeywordsPerformance Index Fuzzy Rule Information Granulation Genetic Optimization Polynomial Neural Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Park, H.S., Park, K.J., Lee, D.Y., Oh, S.K.: Advanced Self-Organizing Neural Networks Based on Competitive Fuzzy Polynomial Neurons. Transactions of The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers 53D, 135–144 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Jong, D.K.A.: Are Genetic Algorithms Function Optimizers? In: Manner, R., Manderick, B. (eds.) Parallel Problem Solving from Nature 2, North-Holland, Amsterdam (1992)Google Scholar
- 6.Zadeh, L.A., et al.: Fuzzy Sets and Applications: Selected Paper. Wiley, New York (1987)Google Scholar
- 8.Hall, R.C., Seberg, D.E.: Modeling and Self-Tuning Control of a Multivariable pH Neutrallization Process. In: Proc. ACC, pp. 1822–1827 (1989)Google Scholar
- 10.Pajunen, G.A.: Comparison of linear and nonlinear adaptive control of a pH-process. IEEE Control Systems Maganize, 39–44 (1987)Google Scholar