Clonal Selection Theory Based Artificial Immune System and Its Application
Clonal selection theory describes selection, proliferation, and mutation process of immune cells during immune response. In this Artificial Immune System (AIS), We select not only the highest affinity antibody, but also other antibodies which have higher affinity than that of current memory cell during affinity mutation process. Simulation results for pattern recognition show that the improved model has stronger noise immunity ability than other models.
KeywordsMemory Cell Mutation Process Multiobjective Optimization Problem Clonal Selection Algorithm Memory Pattern
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Castro, L., Timmis, J.: Artificial immune system: a novel paradigm to pattern recognition. In: Corchado, J., Alonso, L., Fyfe, C. (eds.) Proceeding of SOCO, University of Paisley, UK, pp. 67–84 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Goldsby, R., Kindt, T., Osborne, B., Kuby, J.: Immunology. W.H. Freeman Co., New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Burnet, F.: The clonal selection theory of acquired immunity. Cambridge press, Cambridge (1959)Google Scholar
- 4.Wierzchon, S.: Function optimization by the immune metaphor. TASK quarterly 6(3), 1–16 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Coello, C., Carlos, A., Nareli, C.: An approach to solve multiobjective optimization problems based on an artificial immune system. In: Proceeding of first international conference on artificial immune systems (ICARIS 2002), University of Kent at Canterbury, UK, pp. 212–221 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Tang, Z., Hebishima, H., Tashima, K., Ishizuka, O., Tanno, K.: An immune network based on biological immune response network and its immunity. IEICE Trans. Fund. J80A(11), 1940–1950 (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Sun, W., Tang, Z., Tamura, H., Ishii, M.: An artificial immune system architecture and its applications. IEICE Trans. Fund. E86A(7), 1858–1868 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Castro, L., Zuben, F.: Learning and optimization using clonal selection principle. IEEE Transactions on evolutionary computation, special issue on artificial immune systems 6(3), 239–251 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Castro, L., Zuben, F.: The clonal selection algorithm with engineering applications. In: Proc. of GECCO 2000, workshop on artificial immune systems and their applications, Las Vegas, USA, pp. 36–37 (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.Mitchell, M.: An introduction to genetic algorithms. MIT Press, Cambridge (1996)Google Scholar