Smooth Seamless Surface Construction Based on Conformal Self-organizing Map
This paper presents a method to construct a smooth seamless conformal surface for the genus-0 manifold. The method is developed for the conformal self-organizing map . The constructed surface is both piecewise smooth and continuous. The mapping between the model surface and the sphere surface is one-to-one and onto. We show experiments in surface reconstruction and texture mapping.
KeywordsModel Surface Conformal Mapping Sphere Surface Surface Reconstruction Texture Mapping
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Dinh, H.Q., Turk, G.: A sampling of surface reconstruction techniques. Research Report, Graphics, Visualization, and Usability Center, Georgia Institute of Technology, GVU-00-28 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Hoffmann, M.: Local update of B-spline surfaces by Kohonen neural network. In: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Computer Graphics and Artificial Intelligence, Limoges, pp. 103–112 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Hoppe, H., DeRose, T., Duchamp, T., Halstead, M., Jin, H., McDonald, J., Schweitzer, J., Stuetzle, W.: Piecewise smooth surface reconstruction. Computer Graphics 28, 295–302 (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Ivrissimtzis, I.P., Jeong, W.K., Lee, S., Lee, Y., Seidel, H.P.: Neural meshes: surface reconstruction with a learning algorithm. Research Report, Max-Planck-Institut Informatik, MPI-I-2004-4-005 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Kenner, H.: Geodesic math and how to use it. University of California Press, Berkeley (1976)Google Scholar
- 12.Yu, Y.: Surface reconstruction from unorganized points using self-organizing neural networks. In: IEEE Visualization 1999, Conference Proceedings, San Francisco, California, pp. 61–64 (1999)Google Scholar
- 13.Cyberware designs, manufactures, and sells standard and custom 3D scanning systems and software (2005), http://www.cyberware.com/samples/
- 14.Stanford Computer Graphics Laboratory, Data archives (2004), http://wwwgraphics.stanford.edu/data/