Developing a Decision Support System for a Dove’s Voice Competition
Zebra dove’s voice competition has become more popular in Thailand and many other South East Asian countries. Even though there are specific judging rules to follow, the results could still be somewhat subjective since each judge has various levels of expertise, knowledge, feeling, and experiences. Some criteria are quite straightforward and not very difficult to judge, but some could be very challenging and subjective due to several reasons including the limitations of human ears and personal preferences—aesthetic appreciation. This paper proposes a preliminary framework that could be used in developing a decision support system that exploits time series representation and signal processing that could potentially help alleviate this problem in judging the voice’s quality of each zebra dove.
KeywordsDecision Support System Dynamic Time Warping Fuzzy Regression South East Asian Country Aesthetic Appreciation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Erickson, R.: Sound Structure in Music. Univ. of Calif. Press (1975) ISBN 0520023765Google Scholar
- 2.Kruskall, J.B., Liberman, M.: The symmetric time warping algorithm: From continuous to discrete. In: Time Warps, String Edits and Macromolecules (1983)Google Scholar
- 3.Mott, R.L.: Sound Effects – Radio, TV, and Film, pp. 53–70. Focal Press (1990)Google Scholar
- 4.Sato, A., Hiraki, K., Ichimura, T.: A proposal of an estimation method for the affective value of music work using fuzzy regression analysis. In: Proc. of 5th Int’l Conf. on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information Engineering Systems & Allied Technologies, pp. 993–997 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Sato, A., Ogawa, J.J., Kitakami, H.: An impression-based retrieval system of music collection. In: Proc. of 4th Int’l Conf. on Knowledge-Based Intelligent System & Allied Technologies, pp. 856–859 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Wilde, M., Menon, V.: Bird call recognition using Hidden Markov Models. Technical Report. EECS Dept., Tulane University (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhu, Y., Shasha, D.: Query by Humming: a Time Series Database Approach. In: ACM SIGMOD 2003 (2003)Google Scholar