Multiband Radio Resource Allocation for Cognitive Radio Systems
A multi-band radio resource allocation method in cognitive radio systems is presented. To maximize the cell throughput with minimizing outage rate, multi-band intelligent radio resource management method is described. The cell division and spectrum sharing methodologies are also applied. The numerical simulations exhibit the maximum capacity with the lowest outage rate point is located in r=700m with p = q.
KeywordsOrthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex Cognitive Radio Outage Probability Radio Resource Spectrum Sharing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [MIT]Mitola, J.: Cognitive radio for flexible multimedia communications. In: Proc. of IEEE workshop on Mobile Multimedia Comm., pp. 3–10 (1999)Google Scholar
- [FCC1]FCC: Spectrum ploicy task force report. ET Docket No.02-155 (November 2002)Google Scholar
- [FCC2]FCC: ET Dockket No. 03-322: Notice of Rule Making and Order (2003)Google Scholar
- [IEEE]Stevenson, C.: Functional requirements for the IEEE8022.22 WRAN standard. IEEE802.22 draft (2005)Google Scholar
- [LAG]Lagrange, X.: Multitier Cell Design. IEEE Comm. Mag., 60–64 (1997)Google Scholar
- [PAP]Papavassisilou, S., Tassiulas, L.: Improving the capacity in wireless Networks through integrated channel base station and power assignment. IEEE tran. Veh. Tech., 417–427 (1999)Google Scholar
- [ITU]Recommendation ITU-R.M. 1225: Guidelines for Evaluation of Radio Transmission technologies for IMT-2000. ITU (1997)Google Scholar