An Improved ALOHA Algorithm for RFID Tag Identification
One of problems that we faced for Radio frequency identification (RFID) systems is that the collision between tags which lowers the efficiency of the RFID systems. One of the popular anti-collision algorithms is ALOHA-type algorithms, which are simple and have good performance when the number of tags to be read is reasonable small. In this paper, an enhanced dynamic framed slotted ALOHA algorithm for RFID is extended to a more general close form, hence reference  becomes only one special case described in our paper. The improved ALOHA algorithm for RFID tag identifications has much larger capacity to handle the cases when the tag numbers increasing largely while every frame keeping the optimum system efficiency 35.5%. Simulation results show that the proposed algorithm improves the efficiency nicely in comparison with the conventional algorithms keeping >80% as the previous paper shown.
KeywordsFrame Size Radio Frequency Identification Slot Aloha Slot Number Binary Search Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Standford, V.: Pervasive Computing Goes the Last Hundred Feet with RFID Systems. IEEE Perv. Comp. (April–May 2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Angeles, R.: RFID Technologies: Supply-Chain Applications and Implementation Issues. Info. Sys. Mgmt., 51–65 (Winter, 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Thompson, C.A.: Radio Frequency Tags for Identifying Legitimate Drug Products Discussed by Tech. Industry. Amer. J. Health-Sys. Pharm. 61(14), 1430–1431 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Yang, G., Jarvenpaa, S.I.: Trust and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Adoption within an Alliance. In: Sprague, R. (ed.) Proc. 38th Hawaii Intl. Conff. Sys. Sci., Big Island, HI, January, pp. 855–864. IEEE Comp. Soc. Press, Los. Alamitos (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Singer, P.: A new Approach to Low Cost RFID Tags. Semiconductor Intl. (February 2005), Available at: www.reed-electronics.com/semiconductor/article/CA499653?pubdate=2%2F1%2F05
- 7.Clemons, E.K., Wang, Y.: Special Issue: Tchnology Strategy for Electronic Marketplaces. J. Mgmt. Info. Sys. 17(2), 5 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Lee, S.-R., Joo, S.-D., Lee, C.-W.: An Enhanced Dynamic Framed Slotted ALOHA Algorithm for RFID Tag Identification. In: The Proceeding of the 2nd Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Vogt, H.: Efficient, Object Identification with Passive RFID Tags. In: Proc. Pervasive, pp. 98–113 (2002)Google Scholar
- 13.Vogt, H.: Multiple Object Identification with Passive RFID Tags. In: 2002 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (2002)Google Scholar