Study on Safety Operation Support System by Using the Risk Management Information
In case of abnormal situation of chemical process plant, it is required to judge the plant condition correctly and carry out the unerring response. Many operation support systems were proposed to help the plant operator with such judgment and operation decision making, but most of them could not indicate the rationale for operation, because they used only information on the result of plant design. Therefore, plant operator could not get the theoretical information for operation decision making from it. This paper proposes the safety operation support system which helps the operation decision making based on the risk management information (RMI). The RMI is useful one for the theoretical operation decision making, because it is considered and updated through the plant life cycle (PLC) and includes the information on the design rationale (DR) of the safety countermeasure, the intents of corresponding operation, etc. PVC batch process is used for verifying the effectiveness of proposed method.
KeywordsPlant Operator Design Intent Plant Life Cycle Vinyl Chloride Monomer Abnormal Situation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Batres, R., Lu, M.L., Naka, Y.: Operation Planning Strategies for Concurrent Process Engineering, AIChE Annual Meeting 1997 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Shimada, Y., Fuchino, T.: Safer Plant Operation Support by reusing Process Design Rationale. In: Proc. of 11th Int. Symp. on Loss Prevention and Safety Promotion in the Process Industry, D, pp. 4352–4357 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Drake, E.M.: An Integrity Levels for Chemical Process Safety Interlock System, AIChE/CCPS. In: Proc. of Int. Symp. and Workshop on Process Safety Automation, pp. 295–336 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.AIChE/CCPS, Guidelines for Process Safety in Batch Reaction Systems, AIChE/CCPS (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Shimada, Y., A-Gabbar, H., Suzuki, K., Naka, Y.: Advanced Decision Method for Plant Operation Support System. In: Proc. of 10th Int. Symp. on Loss Prevention and Safety Promotion in the Process Industries, vol. 1, pp. 619–630 (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Vedam, H., Dash, S., Venkatasubramanian, V.: An Intelligent Operator Decision Support System for Abnormal Situation Management. Comp. & Chem. Engng. Suppl., S577–S580 (1999)Google Scholar