Is There a Role for Artificial Intelligence in Future Electronic Support Measures?
This paper provides a description of pulse processing and signal identification techniques in Radar Warning Receiver and Electronic Support Measures systems with the objective of describing their similarity to certain Artificial Intelligence techniques. It also presents aspects for which future developments in artificial intelligence based techniques could support the objectives of such systems, both during operation and during the more detailed analysis of data after operations and in counteracting future trends in radar developments. These include parameter optimization, learning and predicting outcomes related to unseen data and so on.
KeywordsExpert System Digital Signal Processing Artificial Intelligence Technique Candidate Identification Electronic Warfare
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jain, L.C., Chen, Z.: Industry, Artificial Intelligence. In: Encyclopedia of Information Systems, vol. 2, pp. 583–597. Elsevier Science, Amsterdam (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Tsui, J.B.: Digital Techniques for Wideband Receivers, p. 18. Scitech Publishing Inc. (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Wiley, R.G.: Electronic Intelligence: The Analysis of Radar Signals, 2nd edn., pp. 237–249. Artech House Inc. (1993)Google Scholar
- 5.Data Sheet for RDR-1400c Search and Rescue (SAR) and Weather Avoidance Radar from http://www4.janes.com/subscribe/jrew/doc_view.jsp
- 6.Data Sheet for RDR-1500B Multimode Surveillance Radar from http://www4.janes.com/subscribe/jrew/doc_view.jsp
- 7.Friedman, N.: The Naval Institute Guide to World Naval Weapons Systems 1997 – 1998, p. 193. Naval Institute Press (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Norman, F.: The Naval Institute Guide to World Naval Weapons Systems 1997 – 1998, p. 196. Naval Institute Press (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Negnevitsky, M.: Artificial Intelligence, A Guide to Intelligent Systems, 2nd edn., p. 131. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Wiley, R.G.: The Future of EW and Modern Radar Signals, p. 4, http://www.ewh.ieee.org/r5/dallas/aes/IEEE-AESS-Nov04-Wiley.pdf
- 11.Jain, L.C., Martin, N.M.: Fusion of Neural Networks, Fuzzy Sets, and Genetic Algorithms. CRC Press, USA (1999)Google Scholar
- 13.Sato, M., Jain, L.C.: Fuzzy Clustering Models and Applications. Springer, Germany (in press, 2006)Google Scholar
- 16.Seiffert, U., Jain, L.C.: Self-Organising Neural Networks. Springer, Germany (2002)Google Scholar
- 18.Abraham, A., Jain, L.C., Kacprzyk, J.: Recent Advances in Intelligent Paradigms and Applications. Springer, Germany (2003)Google Scholar
- 21.Russo, M., Jain, L.C. (eds.): Fuzzy Learning and applications. CRC Press, USA (2001)Google Scholar