An Algorithm for Inconsistency Resolving in Recommendation Web-Based Systems
This paper presents a consensus-based algorithm for resolving inconsistency in Web-based recommendation systems. In such systems it is possible that a user have his own usage path (the way of usage of the system) and system can recommend individual usage path for new user. The problem of determining a new path for a new user is the subject of this paper. An algorithm for solving this problem will be described below and some results of the experiments with this algorithm will be presented.
KeywordsRecommendation System Minimal Element High Vocational School Usage Path Adaptive Place
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Balabanović, M.: An adaptive Web page recommendation service. In: Proceedings of the first International Conference on Autonomous Agents (ICAA 1997), pp. 378–385 (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Bomhardt, C.: NewsRec, a SVM-driven Personal Recommendation System for News Web-sites. In: Proceedings of IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI 2004), pp. 545–548 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Chiu, C.-F., Shih, T.K., Wang, Y.-H.: An Integrated Analysis Strategy and Mobile Agent Framework for Recommendation System in EC over Internet. Tamkang Journal of Science and Engineering 5(3), 159–174 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Göker, M.H., Thompson, C.A.: The Adaptive Place Advisor: A Conversational Recommen-dation System. In: Proceedings of the 8th German Workshop on Case Based Reasoning, Lammerbuckel, Germany, pp. 187–198 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Kuo, F.-F., Shan, M.K.: A Personalized Music Filtering System Based on Melody Style Classification. In: Second IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM 2002), pp. 649–652 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Malski, M.: Resolving inconsistencies in recommendation Web-based systems. In: Proceedings of the 11th System Modelling Control Conference (SMC 2005), pp. 189–194 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Nguyen, N.T.: Methods for resolving conflicts in distributed systems. Monograph, Wroclaw University of Technology Press (2002)Google Scholar