Designing an Immunity-Based Sensor Network for Sensor-Based Diagnosis of Automobile Engines
This paper reports on the construction and use of a dynamic relational network that has been studied as an immunity-based system based on the concept of immune networks. The network is constructed by an immunological algorithm that tunes the network not to react to normal sensor data, but to react to abnormal data thereafter. The tuning is not straightforward, since even normal sensor data involve many situations such as accelerating phase and cruise phase; on-road and off-road; and running at altitude. A case study on sensor systems for the combustion control system of an automobile engine is presented.
KeywordsSensor Network Sensor Data Time Series Analysis Automobile Engine Diagnostic Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ishida, Y.: Immunity-Based Systems: A Design Perspective. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Ishida, Y.: An immune network approach to sensor-based diagnosis by self-organization. Complex Systems 10, 73–90 (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Estrin, D., Govindan, R., Heidemann, J., Kumar, S.: Next century challenges: scalable co-ordination in sensor networks. In: Proc. of the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 263–270 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Maturana, H., Varela, F.: Autopoiesis and Cognition: The Realization of The Living. D. Reidel, Dordrecht (1980)Google Scholar
- 7.Langman, R.E., Cohn, M. (eds.): Seminars in Immunology (2000), http://www.idealibrary.com
- 8.Edelman, G.M.: Bright Air Brilliant Fire: On the Matter of the Mind. Basic Books, New York (1992)Google Scholar
- 9.Tauber, A.I.: The Immune Self. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1997)Google Scholar