The Reasoning and Analysis of Spatial Direction Relation Based on Voronoi Diagram
This paper studies the direction relations between two spatial objects and presents the reasoning model of spatial direction relation based on Voronoi diagram. The algorithm of the reasoning is described detailedly and an example is analyzed. This paper also discusses the six typical circumstances about spatial direction relation based on Voronoi diagram. These include the direction relations of point-point, point-line, point-region, line-line, line-region and region-region. At last, the advantages and disadvantages about the model are summarized.
KeywordsLine Segment Direction Relation Voronoi Diagram Spatial Object Region Object
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Andrew, U.F.: Qualitative Spatial Reasoning About Cardinal Directions. In: Mark, D., White, D. (eds.) Proc. of the 7th Austrian Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 157–167. Morgan Kaufmann, Baltimore (1991)Google Scholar
- 2.Christian, F.: Using Orientation Information for Qualitative Spatial Reasoning. In: Frank, A.U., Campari, I., Formentini, U. (eds.) Proc. of the Int’l Conf. on GIS, pp. 162–178. Springer, Heidelberg (1992)Google Scholar
- 4.Huang, P.W., Lee, C.H.: Image Database Design Based on 9D-SPA Representation for Spatial Relations. IEEE Transactions On Knowledge And Data Engineering 16(12) (December 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Goyal, R., Egenhofer, M.J.: Similarity of Cardinal Directions. In: Jensen, C.S., Schneider, M., Seeger, B., Tsotras, V.J. (eds.) Advances in Spatial and Temporal Databases, pp. 36–55. Springer, Redondo Beach (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Yang, Y.Q., Feng, J., Wang, Z.J.: The Reasoning Models of Direction and Topology Relations in Road Network. Journal of Computational Information Systems 2(2), 713–718 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, C.M., Zhu, Y.H., Chen, J.: Direction Relation Description and Determination Based on Voronoi Diagram in GIS. Journal of Liberate Army Mapping Institute 15(2) (June 1998)Google Scholar