Subband Adaptive Filters with Pre-whitening Scheme for Acoustic Echo Cancellation
The signal-decorrelating properties of the AP algorithm and the subband filtering improve the convergence speed of the conventional AP adaptive filter. In this paper, a new subband adaptive filtering with pre-whitening scheme for acoustic echo cancellation is presented. The proposed algorithm provides fast convergence and reduced computational complexity by combining merits of the affine projection (AP) algorithm and the subband filtering. The projection order of AP adaptive filter can be decreased by subband partitioning with the polyphase decomposition and the noble identity. The decreased projection order reduces the computational complexity in the proposed algorithm. Computer simulations illustrate the convergence rate improvements and the computational efficiency of the proposed algorithm and show the validity of the theoretical results.
KeywordsNormalize Little Mean Square Projection Order Acoustic Echo Cancellation Polyphase Component Subband Structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hakin, S.: Adaptive filter theory, 4th edn. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Guy, S.L., Benesty, J.: Acoustic Signal Processing for Telecommunication. Kluwer Academic Press, Dordrecht (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Vaidyanathan, P.P.: Multirate System and Filter Banks. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1993)Google Scholar
- 7.Pradhan, S.S., Reddy, V.U.: A new approach to subband adaptive filtering. IEEE Trans. Signal Proc. 45(3), 655–664 (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Chau, E., Sheikhzadeh, H., Berennan, R.L.: Complexity reduction and regularization of a fast affine projection algorithm for oversampled subband adaptive filters. In: IEEE Proc. ICASSP, pp. V109–V112 (2004)Google Scholar