Modeling Collaborators from Learner’s Viewpoint Reflecting Common Collaborative Learning Experience
In collaborative learning through the Internet, learners sometimes cannot communicate with other learners smoothly because they cannot focus on particular learners. Since a learner tends to focus on others whom he thinks understands exercise well, we have already proposed a mechanism for inferring other learners’ understanding levels from their utterances using a solution network which represents understandability of knowledge contained in the exercise. However, the understandability of knowledge may differ among learners. In this paper, understanding levels for general knowledge are introduced as a permanent learner model. The permanent learner model is updated based on understanding levels acquired after each collaborative learning. Then, the understandability in the solution network is generated by using the permanent model.
KeywordsBayesian Network Domain Knowledge Collaborative Learning Trust Level Permanent Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dillenbourg, P. (ed.): Collaborative Learning - Cognitive and Computational Approaches. Elsevier Science Ltd., Amsterdam (1999)Google Scholar
- Bote-Lorenzo, M.L., Vaquero-Gonzalez, L.M., Vega-Gorgojo, G., Dimitriadis, Y.A., Asensio-Perez, J.I., Gomez-Sanchez, E., Hernandez-Leo, D.: A Tailorable Collaborative Learning System That Combines OGSA Grid Services and IMS-LD Scripting. In: de Vreede, G.-J., Guerrero, L.A., Marín Raventós, G. (eds.) CRIWG 2004. LNCS, vol. 3198, pp. 305–321. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Komedani, A., Kojiri, T., Watanabe, T.: Modeling Learner in Collaborative Learning Based on Bayesian Network. In: Umeda, M., Wolf, A., Bartenstein, O., Geske, U., Seipel, D., Takata, O. (eds.) INAP 2005. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 4369, pp. 87–96. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)Google Scholar
- Russell, S., Norvig, P.: Artificial Intelligence -A Modern Approach. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2002)Google Scholar
- Reye, J.: A Belief Net Backbone for Student Modeling. In: Lesgold, A., Frasson, C., Gauthier, G. (eds.) ITS 1996. LNCS, vol. 1086, pp. 596–604. Springer, Heidelberg (1996)Google Scholar