Using Rough Set to Induce More Abstract Rules from Rule Base
In fault diagnosis and medical diagnosis fields, often there is more than one fault or disease that occur together. In order to obtain the factors that cause a single fault to change to multi-faults, the standard rough set based methods should be rebuilt. In this paper, we propose a decernibilty matrix based algorithm with which the cause of every single fault to change to multi-faults can be revealed. Additionally, we propose another rough set based algorithm to induce the common causes of all the single faults to change to their corresponding multi-faults, which is a process of knowledge discovery in rule base, i.e., not the usual database. Inducing more abstract rules in knowledge base is a very challenging problem that has not been resolved well.
KeywordsFault Diagnosis Decision Table Single Fault Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Abstract Rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Raymond, T., Laks,N., Lakshmanan, V.S., Han, J.: Exploratory Mining and Pruning Optimizations of Constrained Associations Rules. In: SIGMOD 1998, Seattle, WA, USA (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Agotnes, T.: Filtering large propositional rule sets while retaining classifier performance. Master’s thesis, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (February 1999) Google Scholar
- 4.Toivonen, H., Klemettinen, M., Ronkainen, P., Mannila, H.: Pruning and Grouping Discovered Association Rules. In: MLnet Workshop on Statistics. Machine Learning and Discovery in Databases, vol. 4, pp. 47–52 (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Srikant, R., Agrawal, R.: Mining Generalized Association Rules, Research Report IBM Research Division (1995) Google Scholar
- 7.Bingru, Y., Jiangtao, S., Hongjie, C.: Recearch on the Structure Model and mining Algorithm for Knowledge Discovery Based on Knowledge Base (KDK). Engineering Science (Chinese) 5, 49–53 (2003)Google Scholar