A Combinational Clustering Method Based on Artificial Immune System and Support Vector Machine
Clustering is one branch of unsupervised machine learning theory, which has a wide variety of applications in pattern recognition, image processing, economics, document categorization, web mining, etc. Today, we constantly face how to handle a large number of similar data items, which drives many researchers to contribute themselves to this field. Support vector machine provides a new pathway for clustering, however, it behaves bad in handling massive data. As an emergent theory, artificial immune system can effectively recognize antigens and produce the memory antibodies. This mechanism is constantly used to achieve representative or feature data from raw data. A combinational clustering method is proposed in this paper based on artificial immune system and support vector machine. Experimentation in functionality and performance is done in detail. Finally a more challenging application in elevator industry is conducted. The results strongly indicate that this combinational clustering in this paper is of feasibility and of practice.
Indexed Terms: Data clustering, combinational clustering, artificial immune system, support vector machine.
KeywordsSupport Vector Machine Data Item Artificial Immune System Secondary Immune Response Suppression Threshold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Asa, B.H., David, H., Hava, T.S., Vapnik, V.: Support Vector Clustering. J. of Machine Learning Research 2, 125–137 (2001)Google Scholar
- Timmis, J., Knight, T., de Catro, L.N., Hart, E.: An Overview of artificial immunesystems. In: Computation in Cells and Tissues: Perspectives and Tools Thought. Natural Computation Series, pp. 51–86. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- Li, Z.H., Zhu, Y.F., Li, C.H., Mao, Z.Y.: Elevator Traffic Flow Analysis Based on Artificial Immune Clustering Algorithm. Chinese Journal of South China University of Technology (Natural Science Edition) 31(12), 26–29 (2003)Google Scholar
- de Castro, L.N., von Zuben, F.J.: An Evolutionary Immune System Network for Data Clustering. In: Proceedings of the Sixth Brazilian Symposium on Neural Networks, Rio de Janeiro, pp. 84–89 (2000)Google Scholar
- de Catro, L.N., Timmis, J.: Artificial Immune systems: A New Computational Intelligence Approach. Springer, London (2002)Google Scholar
- Li, Z.H., Tan, H.-Z.: An Improved Clustering Method for Large-scale Data Based on artificial Immune systems. In: Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive Systems, Series B: Applications and Algorithms (in press, 2006)Google Scholar
- Li, Z.H., Tan, H.Z.: Combining Artificial Immune System with Support Vector Machine for Clustering Analysis. In: Li, Z., Tan, H.-Z. (eds.) Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive ystems, Series B: Applications and Algorithms, 162 (in press, 2006)Google Scholar