N’Files – A Space to React. Communication Between Architecture and Its Users
This paper describes the concept and the current state of development of "reactive spaces". How can one communicate with architectural spaces, through one’s movement or even one’s appearance? One goal of the project N ‘Files – A Space To React is it to develop a system which supports the interaction between spatial areas and its users. A space, which is changing with and through the user....which reacts to the user’s input. The basis for such experiments was laid in research fields such as Ambient Intelligence (AmI), Ubiquitous Computing or Hybrid Environments. If take these new communication and interaction possibilities some steps further, then it becomes clear that our traditional sense of space will be transformed radically by them.
KeywordsAmbient Intelligence Spatial Area Reactive Space Interaction Possibility Mobile Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Edler & Edler: Digitale Transformationen, Fleischmann – Reinhard – Praxis Reaktorbau, S. 216 (2004) Google Scholar
- 2.Weibel, P.: Viable und virtuelle Architektur. In: Möller, C. (ed.) Interaktive Architektur, pp. S. 3–5 (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Maeda, J.: Simplicity – the art of complexity. In: Preface Ars Electronica 2006 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Schnur, O., Kwastek: Mobile Spaces of Interaction. Strauss-Fleischmann-Zobel, pp. S. 102–124 (2004) Google Scholar
- 5.Ngo, A.-L.: arch plus175, Zeitschrift für Architektur und Städtebau, Das Immersionsprinzip, p. S.14 (2005)Google Scholar