Automatic Generation of Workflow Provenance
While workflow is playing an increasingly important role in e-Science, current systems lack support for the collection of provenance data. We argue that workflow provenance data should be automatically generated by the enactment engine and managed over time by an underlying storage service. We briefly describe our layered model for workflow execution provenance, which allows navigation from the conceptual model of an experiment to instance data collected during a specific experiment run, and back.
KeywordsAutomatic Generation Abstract Activity Provenance Data Provenance System Provenance Model
- 1.Windows Workflow Foundation (WinFX), http://msdn.microsoft.com/workflow/
- 3.Foster, I., Voeckler, J., Wilde, M., Zhao, Y.: The Virtual Data Grid: A New Model and Architecture for Data-Intensive Collaboration. In: CIDR (January 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhao, J., Goble, M., Greenwood, C., Wroe, C., Stevens, R.: Annotating, linking and browsing provenance logs for e-science Google Scholar
- 5.Wan, M., Rajasekar, A., Schroeder, W.: Overview of the SRB 3.0: the Federated MCAT (September 2003), http://www.npaci.edu/DICE/SRB/FedMcat.html
- 6.Cox, S., Jiao, Z., Wason, J.: Data management services for engineering (2002)Google Scholar