Integrated Expert Management Knowledge on OSI Network Management Objects
The management of modern telecommunications networks must satisfy ever-increasing operational demands. We propose a study for the improvement of intelligent administration techniques in telecommunications networks. This task is achieved by integrating knowledge base of expert system within the management information used to manage a network. For this purpose, an extension of OSI management framework specifications language has been added and investigated. For this goal, we shall use the language Guidelines for the Definition of Managed Objects (GDMO) and a new property named RULE which gathers important aspects of the facts and the knowledge base of the embedded expert system. Networks can be managed easily by using this proposed integration.
KeywordsExpert System Expert Rule Network Management Inference Engine International Standardization Organization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Morris, S.B.: Network Management, MIBs and MPLS: Principles, Design and Implementation. Addison Wesley, Reading (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.CCITT X. 722 / ISO 10165-4 ISO, Structure of management information. Part 1: Guidelines for the definition of managed objectsGoogle Scholar
- 3.ISO/IEC and ITU-T, Open Systems Interconnection - Systems Management Overview, Standard 10040-2, Recommendation X.701 (1992)Google Scholar
- 4.Hebrawi, B.: GDMO, Object modeling and definition for network management. Technology appraisals (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.ITU-T Recommendation X.700, Management Framework for Open Systems Interconnection (OSI). CCITT Applications (1992) Google Scholar
- 6.ITU-T Rec. M.3010, Principles for a Telecommunications Management Network (TMN). Study Group IV (1996) Google Scholar
- 7.Black, U.D.: Network Management Standards. McGraw Hill, New York (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Stallings, W.: SNMP, SNMPv2, and CMIP: the practical guide to network. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Garcia, R.C., Cannady, J.: Boundary expansion of expert systems: incorporating evolutionary computation with intrusion detection solutions. In: Proceedings of the SoutheastCon 2001. IEEE, pp. 96–99 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.ITU-T Recommendation M.3400, TMN Management Functions (1997) Google Scholar
- 12.Giarratano, J.C., Riley, G.D.: Expert Systems: Principles and Programming. Book, Brooks/Cole Publishing Co. (2005)Google Scholar