Civil Engineering Communication – Obstacles and Solutions
Communication is what is giving value to information, and is thus crucial in any engineering decision making. But although Information and Communication technology (ICT) has improved enormously, civil engineering communication has by far not used its huge potentials. In the paper we are identifying some reasons for the slow introduction of emerging ICT in AEC sector; we emphasize some emerging technologies, their potentials, and implementation attempts, and then present a set of activities, which could improve the current situation.
KeywordsConstruction Project Pervasive Computing Provide Contextual Steer Committee Member Slow Introduction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Daito Trust Construction Co.: Annual Report (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Rebolj, D., Magdič, A., Čuš Babič, N.: Mobile computing in construction. In: Roy, R., Prasad, B. (eds.) Advances in concurrent engineering, pp. 402–409. CETEAM International, Tustin (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Sousa, J.P., Garlan, D.: Aura: an Architectural Framework for User Mobility in Ubiquitous Computing Environments. In: Bosch, J., Gentleman, M., Hofmeister, C., Kuusela, J. (eds.) Software Architecture: System Design, Development, and Maintenance, August 25-31, pp. 29–43. Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Judd, G., Steenkiste, P.: Providing Contextual Information to Pervasive Computing Applications. In: IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing (PERCOM), Dallas, March 23-25, pp. 133–142 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Magdič, A., Rebolj, D., Šuman, N.: Effective control of unanticipated on-site events: a pragmatic, human-oriented problem solving approach. Electron. j. inf. tech. constr. 9, 409–418 (2004), Available at: http://www.itcon.org/cgi-bin/papers/Show?2004_29
- 9.Froese, T.: Help wanted: project information officer. In: eWork and eBusiness in Architecture, Engineering and Construction. A.A. Balkema, Rotterdam (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Rebolj, D., Menzel, K.: Another step towards a virtual university in construction IT. Electron. j. inf. tech. constr. 9, 257–266 (2004), Available at: http://www.itcon.org/cgi-bin/papers/Show?2004_17
- 11.ITC EUROMASTER: The programme portal (2006), Available at http://euromaster.itcedu.net