Knowledge Based Engineering and Intelligent Personal Assistant Context in Distributed Design
The work focuses on the problem concerning the application of the KBE approach and its tools in distributed environments. The first period of applying industrial KBE systems did not only show their significant advantages but also revealed their shortcomings. This problem is especially disturbing with distributed design where the potential of communication is very limited. Every design process is closely connected with the designer’s knowledge. In general, this is a very individual knowledge which is stored in the designer’s personal memory. The work represents an attempt of integration of KBE and IPA (Intelligent Personal Assistant), , which is the designer’s personal knowledge repository.
KeywordsPersonal Knowledge Design Step Personal Assistant Knowledge Element Knowledge Repository
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CATIA – manual (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Clarkson, J., Eckert, C. (eds.): Design Process Improvement. A review of current practice. Springer, London (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Managing Engineering Knowledge, MOKA - project. Professional Engineering Publishing Limited, London (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Moran, T.P., Carroll, J.M.: Design Rationale, Concepts, Techniques, and Use. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Mahwah (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Pokojski, J. (ed.): Application of Case-Based Reasoning in Engineering Design. WNT, Warsaw (2003) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 12.Pokojski, J.: Expert Systems in Engineering Design. WNT, Warsaw (2005) (in Polish) Google Scholar
- 13.Pokojski, J., Niedziółka, K.: Transmission system design – intelligent personal assistant and multi-criteria support. In: Sobolewski, M., Ghodous, P. (eds.) Next Generation Concurrent Engineering – CE 2005, pp. 455–460. Int. Society of Productivity Enhancement, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Pokojski, J., Okapiec, M., Witkowski, G.: Knowledge based engineering, design history storage, and case based reasoning on the basis of car gear box design. In: AI-Meth 2002, Gliwice, pp. 337–340 (2002)Google Scholar
- 15.Pokojski, J., Skotnicki, S.: Knowledge-based Engineering in support of industrial stairs geometric model generation. In: XV Conference Methods of CAD, Proceedings, Institute of Machine Design Fundamentals, Warsaw University of Technology, pp. 299–306 (2005)Google Scholar
- 16.Sriram, R.D.: Distributed and Integrated Collaborative Engineering Design. Sarven Publishers (2002)Google Scholar