Infrastructure Development in the Knowledge City
This paper presents a roadmap for establishing a semantic Web-based environment for coordinating infrastructure project development. The proposed roadmap uses semantic knowledge management and web service concepts to integrate all aspects of infrastructure project development. The roadmap focuses on integrating business, safety and sustainability dimensions in addition to traditional engineering aspects. The roadmap also emphasizes a process-oriented approach to the development of e-infrastructure.
KeywordsInfrastructure Development Grid Service Geospatial Data Ontological Model Formal Concept Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ergazakis, K., Metaxiotis, K., Psarras, J.: Towards knowledge cities: conceptual analysis and success stories. J. of Knowledge Management 8(5) (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.LandXML (accessed, July 2005), http://www.landxml.org
- 3.SDSFIE. Spatial Data Standard for facilities, infrastructure, & environment – Data Model & Structure, U.S. Army CADD/GIS Technology Center (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.MultiSpeak (accessed, July 2005), http://www.multispeak.org/whatisit.php
- 6.CII-Construction Industry Institute, Pre-Project Planning Handbook, University of Texas at Austin (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Rouane, M., Petko, V., Houari, S., Marianne, H.: Merging Conceptual Hierarchies Using Concept Lattices. In: MechAnisms for SPEcialization, Generalization and inHerItance Workshop (MASPEGHI) at ECOOP 2004, Oslo, Norway, June 15 (2004)Google Scholar