An Entropy-Based Stability QoS Routing with Priority Scheduler in MANET Using Fuzzy Controllers
Due to the dynamic nature of the network topology and restricted resources, quality of service (QoS) and stability routing in mobile ad hoc network (MANET) is a challenging task. This paper presents an Entropy-based Stability QoS Routing with Priority scheduler in MANET using fuzzy controllers (ESQRP). The key idea of ESQRP algorithm is to construct the new metric-entropy and select the stability path with the help of entropy metric to reduce the number of route reconstruction so as to provide QoS guarantee in the ad hoc network. The simulation results shows that the ESQRP approach provide an accurate and efficient method of estimating and evaluating the route stability in dynamic mobile networks.
KeywordsFuzzy Controller Data Transmission Rate Route Stability Priority Scheduler Multicast Route Protocol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sun, B.L., Li, L.Y.: A QoS Multicast Routing Optimization Algorithms Based on Genetic Algorithm. Journal of Communications and Networks 8(1), 116–122 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Sun, B.L., Yang, Q., Ma, J., Chen, H.: Fuzzy QoS Controllers in Diff-Serv Scheduler using Genetic Algorithms. In: Hao, Y., Liu, J., Wang, Y.-P., Cheung, Y.-m., Yin, H., Jiao, L., Ma, J., Jiao, Y.-C. (eds.) CIS 2005. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 3801, pp. 101–106. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Perkins, C., Royer, E.B., Das, S.: Ad hoc On Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing. RFC 3561 (July 2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Rea, S., Pesch, D.: Multi-metric routing decisions for ad hoc networks using fuzzy logic. In: Proceedings of 1st International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems, Mauritius, September 20-22, 2004, pp. 403–407 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Alandjani, G., Johnson, E.: Fuzzy Routing in ad hoc networks. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Performance, Computing and Communications, Phoenix, Arizona, April 2003, pp. 525–530 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Gomathy, C., Shanmugavel, S.: An Efficient Fuzzy Based Priority Scheduler for Mobile Ad hoc Networks and Performance Analysis for Various Mobility Models. In: 2004 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC 2004), Atlanta, USA, March 2004, vol. 2, pp. 1087–1092 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.OPNET Technologies Inc., Bethesda, MD, USA, available at http://www.opnet.com