A Fuzzy Advance Reservation Mechanism of Network Bandwidth in Video Grid
Next generation grid networks will be required to support video delivering services which need bandwidth is reserved at an earlier time so that desired QoS requirement could be ensured in the future. In this paper, we propose a new intelligent admission control algorithm for advance reservation. The main design principle underlying our algorithm is delay and jitter are playing more and more important roles in providing high quality video to users, but they are often fuzzy and indefinite expression from clients in advance and it is therefore hard to get the satisfied advance reservations for network resources requirements using the accurate mathematic models like traditional schemes. So, we propose a fuzzy neural network model to cluster priority of advance reservation requests according to delay and jitter variables and then allocate the bandwidth based on priority preempting principle. Experimental results show our algorithms achieve well-balanced performance.
KeywordsPeak Signal Noise Ratio Network Bandwidth Fuzzy Neural Network Advance Reservation Bandwidth Reservation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sulistio, A., Buyya, R.: A Grid Simulation Infrastructure Supporting Advance Reservation. In: Proc. of the 16th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems (PDCS 2004), Cambridge, USA, November 9-11 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Wu, L., Xing, J., Wu, C., Cui, J.: An Adaptive Advance Reservation Mechanism for Grid Computing. In: Sixth International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing Applications and Technologies (PDCAT 2005), pp. 400–403 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Henning, A., Raz, D.: Efficient Management of Transcoding and Multicasting Multimedia Streams. In: The Ninth IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM 2005), Nice, France, May 15-19 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Burchard, L.-O., Heiss, H.-U.: Performance Issues of Bandwidth Reservations for Grid Computing. In: Proceedings of the 15th Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing (SBAC-PAD 2003), IEEE, Los Alamitos (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Naiksatam, S., Figueira, S., Chiappari, S.A., Bhatnagar, N.: Analyzing the Advance Reservation of Lightpaths in Lambda-Grids. In: Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Cluster Computing and Grid, Cardiff, Wales, UK, May 9-12 (2005)Google Scholar