Improved Automatic Gain Control Circuit Using Fuzzy Logic
A problem that arises in most communication receivers concerns the wide variation in power level of the signals received at the antenna. These variations cause serious problems which are usually be solved in receiver design by using Automatic Gain Control (AGC). AGC is achieved by using an amplifier whose gain can be controlled by using external current or voltage. We have to note that the AGC circuit does not respond to rapid changes in the amplitude of input and multifrequency. Nowadays, with the development of the fuzzy theory, the advantages of the fuzzy logic are recognized widely and deeply. Applying fuzzy logic to AGC circuit is a way to enhance AGC circuit.
KeywordsFuzzy Logic Input Signal Output Voltage Fuzzy Rule Automatic Gain Control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schilling, D.L.: Charles Belove: Electronic Circuits, 3rd edn. McGraw-Hill, New York (1989)Google Scholar
- 2.Sedra, A.S., Smith, K.C.: Microelectronic Circuits, 3rd edn. (1991)Google Scholar
- 3.Bien, Z.: Fuzzy-Logic Control. Hong-Neung Science Books (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Kim, Y.G.: Apply Fuzzy Logic to Auto Gain Control, pp. 12–21. KUT Press (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Paynter, R.T.: Electronic Devices And Circuits, 5th edn. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2000)Google Scholar