An Intelligent Decision Support System for IT Outsourcing
Outsourcing information technology (IT) is a major contemporary strategic decision. This paper proposes an intelligent decision support framework for effective IT outsourcing management. The proposed framework uses case-based reasoning as the main intelligent technique and integrates rule-base reasoning and compromise programming techniques in fuzzy environment for a real-time decision-making. While integrating different methodologies, our motaivation is to take the advantage of their strengths and cancel out each other’s weaknesses. The framework potentially leads to more accurate, flexible and efficient retrieval of alternatives that are most similar and most useful to the current decision situation. Finally, a real-life case is given to validate the feasibility of the proposed framework.
KeywordsInformation Technology Data Envelopment Analysis Fuzzy Environment Compromise Programming Case Retrieval
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aamodt, A., Plaza, E.: Case-Based Reasoning: Foundational Issues, Methodological Variations, and System Approaches. In: AI Communications, vol. 7(1), pp. 39–59. IOS Press, Amsterdam (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Bojadziev, G., Bojadziev, M.: Fuzzy Sets, Fuzzy Logic, Applications. In: Advances in Fuzzy Systems & Applications and Theory, vol. 5, World Scientific, Singapore (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Chow, H.K.H., Choy, K.L., Lee, W.B., Chan, F.T.S.: Design of a knowledge-based logistics strategy system. Expert Systems with Applications, 1–19 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Cullen, S., Willcocks, L.P.: Intelligent IT Outsourcing: Eight Building Blocks to Success. Elsevier, Chichester (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Feeny, D., Lacity, M., Willcocks, L.: Taking the measure of outsourcing service providers. Sloan Management Review 46(3), 41–48 (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.Jharkharia, S., Shankar, R.: Selection of logistics service provider: An analytic network process (ANP) approach. Omega, Article (in Press, 2005), Available through www.sciencedirect.com
- 16.Klepper, R., Jones, W.O.: Outsourcing Information Technology Systems and Services. Prentice Hall, New Jersey (1998)Google Scholar
- 17.Lacity, M.C., Willcocks, L.P.: Global IT Outsourcing: In Search of Business Advantage. Wiley, Chichester (2001)Google Scholar
- 21.Main, J., Dillon, T.S., Shiu, S.C.K.: A tutorial on case-based reasoning. In: Pal, S.K., Dillon, T.S., Yeung, D.S. (eds.) Soft computing in case based reasoning. Springer, London (2000)Google Scholar
- 24.Paisittanand, S., Olson, D.L.: A simulation study of IT outsourcing in the credit card business. European Journal of Operational Research(Article in Press), Available through www.sciencedirect.com
- 25.Poisson, J.F.: Managing Business Process Outsourcing for Business Results. In: Presentation of Turkey Outsourcing Conference, İstanbul, 14-15 December (2004)Google Scholar
- 27.Venkatraman, N.: Beyond outsourcing: managing IT resources as a value center. Sloan Management Review 38(3), 51–64 (1997)Google Scholar