Clustering Based Stocks Recognition
A new stocks analysis method based on clustering is presented in this paper, in which, six-dimension feature space is constructed according to the data structure of stock chief-index, and the constructed feature space is analyzed with a new fuzzy kern clustering algorithm. We use the Shanghai and Shenzhen’s stock index since 1997 to test our presented method. The results show that the method could intelligently recognizes some rules of essence trends of the stock markets and forecasts essence direction of the stock markets not only in short-term but also in long-term.
KeywordsStock Market Feature Space Stock Index Time Series Forecast Stock Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cherkassky, V., Mulier, F.: Learning From Data: Concepts, Theory and Methods. John Wiley & Sons, New York (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Yi-wen, Y.: Multivariable Time Series Prediction Based on Neural Networks and Its Application in Stock Market. Information and Control 30, 413–417 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Yi-wen, Y., Gui-zhong, L., Zong-ping, Z.: Stock Market trend Prediction Based on Neural Networks, Multiresolution Analysis and Dynamical Reconstruction. In: Proceedings of IEEE/IAFE Conference on Computational Intelligence for Financial Engineering, pp. 155–157 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Xiuqin, D.: Application of Cluster Analysis in Stock Market Board Analysis. Application of Statistics and Management 18, 1–4 (1999) (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Zuo, C., Chi, X., Hui, C.: Mining Temporal Patterns of Stock Yield Sequences Based on Wave Cluster Method. Systemes Engineering 23, 102–107 (2005) (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Chung, F.L., Fu, T.C., Luk, R., Ng, V.: Evolutionary Time Series Segmentation for Stock Data Mining. In: Proceedings of 2002 IEEE International Conference, pp. 83–90 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Povinelli, R.J.: Identifying Temporal Patterns for Characterization and Prediction of Financial Time Series Events. Temporal, Spatialand Spatio-Temporal Data Mining, 46–61 (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Jonnson, M.A.: The Random Walk and Beyond: An Inside Guide to the Stock Market. John Willy & Sons, New York (1988)Google Scholar
- 12.Yang, J.: Handbook of Stock Market Technological Analysis. China Astronautics Publishing House (2002)Google Scholar