A Polyclonal Selection Clustering for Packet Classification
The process of categorizing packets into “flows” in an Internet router is called packet classification. Packet classification is one of the most difficult problems in the Internet routers. Traditional packet classification algorithms focus on the time complexity and storage complexity of the classification and the rules used for classification are fixed and can not meet the increasing network requirement. In this paper, a polyclonal selection clustering algorithm for packet classification (PSC-PC) is proposed, which can produce the rules for classification automatically. Experimental results show that the rules obtained by PSC-PC are feasible for the packet classification, and the proposed algorithm is self-adaptive and self-learning, which makes it more applicable to the network whose types of application are changeable.
KeywordsDefault Rate Tuple Space Antibody Population Head Field Internet Router
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gupta, P., McKeown, N.: Packet Classification on Multiple Fields. ACM Computer Review 29, 146–160 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Woo, T.Y.C.: A Modular Approach to Packet Classification: Algorithms and Results. In: Gruein, R. (ed.) Proceedings of IEEE Infocom, pp. 1210–1217. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Srinivasan, V.: Fast and Efficient Internet Lookups. Doctor of science degree dissertation, Washington University (August 1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Srinivasan, V., Suri, S., Varghese, G.: Packet Classification Using Tuple Space Search. In: Proceedings of ACM Sigcom 1999, pp. 135–1466 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhongchao, Y., Jianping, W., Ke, X.: Study of IP Classification Technology. Acta Electronica Sinica 29, 260–262 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Xingmiao, Y., Guangming, H., Leming, L.: A Multi-dimensional Packet Classification Algorithm with Trees Divided by Value. Journal of Electronics and Information Technology 26, 1413–1419 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Taylor, D.E., Turner, J.S.: ClassBench: A Packet Classification Benchmark. Tech. Rep. WUCSE2004, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Washington University in Saint Louis (May 2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Haifeng, D., Licheng, J., Ruochen, L.: Adaptive Polyclonal Programming Algorithm with Applications. In: 5th International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Application (ICCIMA), pp. 350–355 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Xiangyang, G.: High-Speed Data Flow Classification Technology in TCP/IP Network. ZTE Telecommunications 4, 15–18 (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Jie, L., Xinbo, G., Licheng, J.: A CSA-Based Clustering Algorithm for Large Data Sets With Mixed Numeric and Categorical Values. Acta Electronica Sinica 32, 357–362 (2004)Google Scholar