A Fuzzy Method for Evaluating Suppliers
A key objective of procurement is to purchase the right product from right supplier at right price in due time. In this paper, we are going to propose a fuzzy method for the evaluation of suppliers under fuzzy environment. First we identify the strength and weakness of suppliers from their ratings. Based on the strength and weakness of suppliers, a fuzzy preference relation is constructed. Then we propose a linear programming model to derive the priorities of suppliers.
KeywordsFuzzy Number Supply Chain Management Triangular Fuzzy Number Collective Rating Fuzzy Preference Relation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bowersox, D.J., Closs, D.J.: Logistical Management - The Integrated Supply Chain Process. McGraw-Hill, Singapore (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Chapman, S.N.: Just-in-time supplier inventory: an empirical implementation model. International Journal of Production Research 29, 1993–2007 (1993)Google Scholar
- 13.Min, H.: International supplier selection: a multi-attribute utility approach. Internation Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management 24/25 (193) 24-33Google Scholar
- 14.Muralidharan, C., Anantharaman, N., Deshmukh, S.G.: Journal of Supply Chain Management 38, 22–33 (2002)Google Scholar
- 17.Tanino, T.: Fuzzy preference relations in group decision making. In: Kacprzyk, J., Roubens, M. (eds.) Non-Conventional Preference Relations in Decision Making, pp. 54–71. Springer, Berlin (1988)Google Scholar
- 18.Timmerman, E.: An approach to vendor evaluation. Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management 1, 2–8 (1986)Google Scholar