A Flame Detection Algorithm Based on Video Multi-feature Fusion
The physical flame characteristics in the burning process are analyzed in detail. Combined with static and dynamic flame features, a flame detection algorithm based on multi-feature fusion is designed to quickly recognize fire flame using the theory of the degree of belief. The experiments show that the processing rate of the algorithm is as high as 25 frames/s without any manual adjustments. In complex situations, the algorithm remains with stronger anti-jamming ability and higher accuracy, for example, the suspected probability of street lamps and automotive lamps is lower than 10%. From comparing results, the video-based detection algorithm has the good capabilities.
KeywordsVideo Sequence Diffusion Flame Fire Detection Fire Region Flicker Frequency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liu, C.B., Ahuja, N.: Vision Based Fire Detection. In: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 134–137. IEEE Press, Cambridge (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Wang, F.: Flames, their Structure, Radiation and Temperature, pp. 84–112. Science Press, Beijing (1994) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Horng, W.B., Peng, J.W., Chen, C.Y.: A New Image-Based Real-Time Flame Detection Method Using Color Analysis. In: Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control, pp. 100–105. IEEE Press, Tucson (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, T.H., Wu, P.H., Chiou, Y.C.: An Early Fire-Detection Method Based on Image Processing. In: Proceedings of the 2004 International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 1707–1710. IEEE Press, Singapore (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhuang, J., Yu, Q., Wang, S.A.: The Study of the Image Segmentation Algorithm Based on Thermodynamics. Journal of Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an 39, 507–510 (2005) (in Chinese)Google Scholar