Two-Dimensional PCA Combined with PCA for Neural Network Based Image Registration
A novel image registration scheme is proposed. In the proposed scheme, two-dimensional principal component analysis (2DPCA) combined with principal component analysis (PCA) is used to extract features from the image sets and these features are fed into feedforward neural networks to provide translation, rotation and scaling parameters. Comparison experiments between 2DPCA combined with PCA based method and the other two former methods: discrete cosine transform (DCT) and Zernike moment, are performed. The results indicate that the proposed scheme is both accurate and remarkably robust to noise.
KeywordsPrincipal Component Analysis Discrete Cosine Transform Image Registration Feedforward Neural Network Zernike Moment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tan, Y.P., Yap, K.H., Wang, L.P. (eds.): Intelligent Multimedia Processing with Soft Computing. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Elhanany, I., Sheinfeld, M., Beckl, A., Kadmon, Y., Tal, N., Tirosh, D.: Robust image registration based on feedforward neural networks. In: IEEE International Conference on System, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 2, pp. 1507–1511 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Wu, J., Xie, J.: Image Registration Scheme Utilizing Feedforward Neural Networks. In: Proceedings of the 5th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, vol. 5, pp. 4046–4048 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Zeng, X.Y., Chen, Y.W., Nakao, Z., Lu, H.: A new texture feature based on PCA maps and its application to image retrieval. IEICE Trans. Inf. and Syst. 86(5), 929–936 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Hagan, M.T., Menhaj, M.: Training Feedforward Networks with Marquardt Algorithm. IEEE Trans. Neural Networks 1(1), 113–118 (1994)Google Scholar
- 14.Xu, A.B., Jin, X., Guo, P., Bie, R.F.: KICA Feature Extraction in Application to FNN based Image Registration. In: Proceedings of the 2006 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (to appear, 2006)Google Scholar
- 15.Guo, P., Lyu, M.R., Philip Chen, C.L.: Regularization Parameter Estimation for Feedforward Neural Networks. IEEE Trans. Neural Networks 33(1), 35–44 (2003)Google Scholar