A Modified Adaptive Chaotic Binary Ant System and Its Application in Chemical Process Fault Diagnosis
Fault diagnosis is a small sample problem as fault data are absent in the real production process. To tackle it, Support Vector Machines (SVM) is adopted to diagnose the chemical process steady faults in this paper. Considering the high data dimensionality in the large-scaled chemical industry seriously spoil classification capability of SVM, a modified adaptive chaotic binary ant system (ACBAS) is proposed and combined with SVM for fault feature selection to remove the irrelevant variables and ensure SVM classifying correctly. Simulation results and comparisons of Tennessee Eastman Process show the developed ACBAS can find the essential fault feature variables effectively and exactly, and the SVM fault diagnosis method combined with ACBAS-based feature selection greatly improve the diagnosing performance as unnecessary variables are eliminated properly.
KeywordsSupport Vector Machine Feature Selection Fault Diagnosis Feature Selection Method Chaotic Sequence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Bonabeau, E., Dorigo, M., Theraulaz, G.: Swarm Intelligence from Natural to Artificial System. Oxford University Press, Oxford (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Determan, J., Foster, J.A.: Using chaos in genetic algorithm. In: Proceedings of the 1999 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 3, pp. 2094–2101. IEEE Press, Piscataway (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, J., Cai, Z.X., Liu, J.Q.: Premature convergence in genetic algorithm: Analysis and prevention based on chaos operator. In: Proc. 3rd World Congress Intelligence Control Automation, Hefei, China, pp. 495–499 (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Flavio, C., Fortuna, L., Mattia, F., Luca, P.: Chaotic sequences in ACO algorithms. In: Proceedings of 2004 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, vol. 4, pp. 513–516. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., Piscataway (2004)Google Scholar
- 16.Chiang, L.H., Kotanchek, M.E., Kordon, A.K.: Fault diagnosis based on Fisher discriminant analysis and support vector machines. Computers and Chemical Engineering 28, 1389–1401 (2004)Google Scholar
- 17.Chun, K.Z., Hong, H.: Feature selection using the hybrid of ant colony optimization and mutual information for the forecaster. In: Proceedings of Fourth International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, pp. 1728–1732 (2005)Google Scholar